The Victoria Bach Festival’s Craig Hella Johnson Scholarship celebrates young musicians who plan to further their music studies in higher education.
The scholarship is given in honor of Conductor Emeritus Craig Hella Johnson’s inspirational musicianship and years of leadership as Artistic Director of the Victoria Bach Festival.
Application deadline: Monday, May 8, 2017
Late applications will not be considered.
Applicants will be notified by May 22, 2017.
- $750 award
- Acknowledgement in VBF program
- Pre-concert announcement from the stage
Who May Apply
Students who meet the following eligibility requirements may apply for the Craig Hella Johnson Scholarship:
- Music student residing in Victoria, DeWitt, Lavaca, Jackson, Calhoun, Refugio, or Goliad counties
- High school senior intending to major or minor in music performance or music education at an institution of higher education
- Instrumentalist or vocalist
Applications are reviewed by a selection committee. The festival welcomes applications from vocalists and instrumentalists from a variety of musical styles. Submitted audio file must be from the UIL prescribed music list.
Selection criteria for acceptance include:
- Quality of performance
- Strength of artist’s statement
Decisions are final and are not subject to appeal. The selection will be made by May 22, 2017, and all applicants will be notified of the panel’s decisions after the selections have been made.